Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Fake" Caramel Popcorn

I don't have a picture because my camera is still broken! I got this recipie from Shiela Stubbs after Mike brought some over to our house around Christmas time. I think Cam asks for these every other week. And the best part is that there aren't any popcorn kernals to get stuck in your teeth!

In a sauce pan, bring to boil:
1 cube butter
2 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. Karo syrup

Add:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Bring back to a boil.

Pour mixture over 1 bag of plain corn puffs** or 3 batches of air popped popcorn.

I have found it is easier to get everything well coated if you split the corn puffs into 2 or 3 different batches. Cover tightly overnight.

** You can find the plain corn puffs at Macey's, Harmon's or Albertson's. I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. They are in the chip aisle and they look like Cheetos puffs but without the cheese!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yea! The first recipe from someone other than me. I think this is going to be fun! Thanks for sharing Shaunee (she is my sis-in-law)!

Dani said...

Sounds yummy! This will be a great one to do for fun summer nights with the fam!

Laura L Giddens said...

I've heard about this kind but didn't know where I could purchase the plain corn puffs. I'm excited to try it.