
My sister got married this March in the Atlanta Temple. She decided to forgo the traditional wedding cake and instead had our Great Grandmother's pound cake. We served it with homemade lemon curd, berry sauce and whipped cream. This recipe is somewhat fastidious, but great for special occasions and holidays and oh, so yummy. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I should have had Heather take this shot instead of me :)
1 lb. butter (leave on the counter for a few days)
2 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
6 eggs, divided
3 cups White Lily Flour**
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
**I have yet to find this anywhere in UT so I substitute with cake flour.
Cream butter. Add sugar one cup at at time, mixing well after each cup is added. Add egg yolks, one at at time, mixing well after each. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time mixing well after each. Add egg whites one at a time and mix well after each. Add salt and vanilla and mix. The secret to great pound cake is mixing, so mix, mix, mix.

1 comments:
This looks like my kind of cake. I can't wait to try it out!
Post a Comment